All Sacré Cœur students (current and former) from year 3 onwards can join the Sacré Cœur Netball Club, including Alumnae of Sacré Cœur.
For girls in years 3 to 6
- Girls will be randomly placed in a team with consideration to nominated friendships.
- Girls will continue with the same team as the Winter season. We endeavour to keep teams together but sometimes there is a need to reallocate players due to shortage of numbers within a team. Any changes that are made take into account friendships, feedback from coaches and the positional needs of the team involved.
- New registrants will be assigned to a team based on experience, friendships and team numbers.
For girls in Year 7 to 12
- During registration Yr 7 to 12 are required to select if they would like to be "Graded". If you are new to the Club, you must select "Graded" to this option.
- If you select "Graded" (i.e. selection trials), the Player will participate in the pre-season selection trials run independently by the WDNA generally in February each year. The Player will be assigned in to a team of similarly matched players.
- If you select 'No' to grading, the Player will be placed in a team that MAY NOT include members of her previous year team. During the registration process, the Player is asked to give Friend Preferences if they chose not to grade. The selection committee will endeavour to meet these requests. However, final team selection within the age group will depend on team numbers.
- No grading takes place in the Spring season.
- Generally girls will continue with the same team as the Winter season. We endeavour to keep teams together but sometimes there is a need to reallocate players due to players dropping out of a team. Any changes that are made take into account the players performance at the trials earlier in the year, feedback from coaches and the positional needs of the teams involved.
- New registrants will be assigned to a team based on team numbers, previous playing experience and specific requests.
Please see Team Selection Policy for further details.
2020 Fee Schedule
Membership fees are paid once per year and are charged during the registration process. New players for the Spring Season will be charged a pro-rata rate. All players must have an annual Netball Victoria Membership (NVM) to be able to play for the Sacré Cœur Netball Club (included in registration).
A Concession is made for year 12 students who only wish to play for the Winter Season due to VCE exams in Spring, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|Fee Components||Amount||This includes...|
|Junior - Netball Victoria Membership||$58 ||Annual Fee for all Players born on or after 1/01/2003.|
|Senior - Netball Victoria Membership||$78 ||Annual Fee for all Players born on or before 31/12/2002.|
|WDNA 2018 Levy||$10||Levy for WDNA redevelopment program.|
|Winter & Spring Seasons - SCNC Membership||$220||Full Year Fee - approx. February to early December, (Club Fees incl. supply of Equipment, Events, Trophies, WDNA Team Fees etc.)|
|Yr 12 ONLY! Winter Season - SCNC Membership||$129|
SCNC Fee - approx. February to August
Note: Juniors for the purpose of Netball Victoria are 17 and under before the season year starts.
The club encourages early registration and for 2020 the club will be offering a discount of $20 for each player registered on or before the 25th December.
For player registration please go to Player Registration.
Team Training times
Training days and time will be set by each team's coach/manager at the start of the season. The coach will attempt to set a schedule that is convenient for all players. Sometimes teams train before school, during lunch, after school or immediately before the Saturday game time. Your team manager or coach will be in contact at the start of the season.
Become a Team Manager or Coach
Our Club relies on parent volunteers to manage and coach our teams.
At the beginning of each year at registration, parents will be asked to nominate whether you'd be willing to put your hand up as a coach or manager for your daughter's team for the year. If you'd like to give it a go, please ensure you select your preference on the online form..
We don't mind if there are multiple nominations from each team. You can also nominate for more than one team if you have multiple children playing.
Students who are club members from year 8 and above can also nominate to coach one of our junior teams (Yr 3 up to Yr 8). A $100 gift voucher is offered to each student coach by the Club at the end of each playing season.
All Coaches and Managers must hold or acquire a Working With Children's Card and submit a copy to the Administrator to comply with government policy. (Please refer to the policy under Constitution and Policy). There are exceptions that apply to Sacré Cœur student coaches.
We'd still love to hear from you if you are an Alumna of Sacré Cœur, a senior student (and have decided not to play next year) or an experienced coach. For any questions, please email us at email@example.com.